PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does being white and middleclass an advantage in Corporate aviation?
Old 16th May 2010, 23:11
Sepp

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
The short answer to your question is: "No".

Why? Because as a hirer, I am (as are my peers) certifying that you will likely not kill the poor saps that are sitting behind you. I care little (as, I suspect, do my peers) what might be the colour of your skin or what is between you legs, or that/those of your God/Godess/combination thereof, or that of your sexual partner - or again combination thereof.

So, what does interest me? Well:

Can you fly the tube? *

Do you know how to deal with pax without pissing them Royally off (or off Royally - some of them are so picky...)? *

Do I think you'll be someone with whom I can spend a day or two down-route? *

Are you likely to (as Dr. Who nicely put it on Sat.) "poke things with a stick"... *

---

Ask youself, honestly: "Which am I?". Then apply, and best of luck! Regarding hiring those one knows: I have taken a few punts on unknowns - some worked (one or two very well indeed), some didn't. I know a few peeps who will never want for a job, if I have a say - damned fine drivers that they are - and at least two peole that I will spend every effort keeping out of CAT aeroplanes as long as I draw breath, 'lest they kill someone. Fxck knows how they got a licence, but it wasn't through skill.

---

* the above are not necessarily in an order that will be familiar to some, and are not necessarily good or bad ...)

Last edited by Sepp; 17th May 2010 at 00:01.