PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA plane hits equipment while in Taipei airport
Old 22nd Jul 2002, 13:30
Senso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face CRM

smiths the aircraft involved was a 744.

seasiadriver I totally agree viz CRM = Completely Right Master... Also poor airmanship, yes I agree. The Commander was probably afraid of the following factors;

1. Having to explain why the flight was delayed because of a couple of scratches on the wing.

2. Having to face the Taiwanese CAA who will want to arrest him and suspend his license for knocking over some ground equipment, thereby giving them a reason to hold the aircraft.

3. Having to face the Taiwanese press who will be out for blood and say "Look they did it again!"

4. Having to face the MAJOR GENERAL and explain why he stopped the aircraft for a couple of scratches and create an incident out of it.

From the circumstances I'd say poor airmanship and a wonky command decision BUT ~ The Commander saved his arse and the arses of his crew to FLY another day.

The many Generals will understand... Save your arse, live to fly/fight another day. Flee the scene and face the music at home is probably better than facing the Taiwanese!

Comon guys you got to give him credit for that.

----------------------
777 Rules!