PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2010, 17:18
LD12986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting theory on the CC thread. Is Woodley deliberately trying to undermine BASSA?

Originally Posted by TopBunk
Abbey Quote:
Is Tony Woodley actually trying to undermine the BASSA case? Does he fear that BA actually has a very good case for the court hearing tomorrow, which could seriously end up damaging UNITE's bank-balance?

I think you may well be right. Bear in mind also that he has already said that if there is volcanic ash affecting the UK, he will seriously consider cancelling the first of the 5 day strikes.

Ok, so he says this is in deference to the travelling public [excuse me while I choke on a grape].

In reality it is because:
  • he wants to buy time to see the outcome of the court case so as to limit Unites liabilities, which could financially ruin Unite
  • he wants to minimise Unites costs as they pay out £30 per day to strikers
  • he sees that BASSA are totally beaten
  • he wants to disassociate himself and Unite from BASSA
  • he knows that only BASSA can call off the dispute
  • he knows by giving BA additional evidence that it is not about 'imposition', he can help protect Unites money for deserving (rather than undeserving) causes
  • he knows that BASSA are totally out of his control.
As an aside, where has Len McClunky been for the last month or so? Is he in a Bangkok sex-club or is he in Cuba with Castro or has he been sent to Coventry?