PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2010, 12:31
Canoli Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good debate this one...

Saltair, how is one's defence of ones territory by another due to unfair advantage "on the edge"? I rather think its quite normal and prevalent in this world.

Of course we all advocate "open flying" and "free trade" in the world, but those tenants of unilateral trade are never intended to allow another country unbridaled access to another market. Rather, its intended for each country access to anothers market on a fair and equitable basis. Its simply a negotiated unilateral business deal that benefits both sides. Why would anyone allow a neighbor access to their house if it meant you yourself would eventually be kicked out?

You and everyone knows this. So your argument is really actually quite empty.

Allow me to open your mind a bit. Whats stopping China with its trillions of dollars and huge appetite for business, from coming into North America and buying up blue chip companies? Why would they want too in the first place? Why wouldn't they want to come to the UAE and buy up Emirates Airlines? Hmm... food for though eh?

Think about it... you may figure the world out....

Its not as simple as "let the market decide".

First, some markets need a measure of protection, and second some countries need to be limited in their growth due to their subsidized nature.

These are basics my friend. Time to open your mind to reality.