PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Insight on Flight Schools in Ontario
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2010, 12:18
jmce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Insight on Flight Schools in Ontario

Hi,

I came across this forum, and even though it seems to be largely UK-oriented, I thought I'd ask anyhow.

Can anyone, who has preferably gone through the process, share any insight of the flight schools and general expenses(Either experienced or observed) these days, in Ontario. I'm looking for something that provides quality PPL training, as I don't have much of an intent of going higher than that, but if it is renowned to do things higher up with diligence as well, it won't hurt. I'm interested to find a place that does training old-style, preferably in a hard-to-fly airplane, rather than something super easy, and not to send me on my way to getting the license with minimal hours and tons of glass cockpit time.

From the research I've been able to do so far, there seem to be tons and tons of places out there, but most barely seem to have either a working website with tons of spelling errors, or any info on pricing etc etc etc. However so far, two places seem to stand out: Brampton and Brantford Flight Centre's. The former is slightly more expensive, but seems to be busier and have slightly more history. I contacted them both, and got a really positive impression, but still if anyone knows anything about them and the quality of the work that they do, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!