PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA - Finally had enough
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2010, 11:07
Weary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paul Rice, Skipping Classes, Dreamshiner, etc

Max Cont and I (and many others...) work for an airline where were the active involvement of BALPA through our CC more than pays for itself. We know this because it manifests itself daily through our Ts&Cs, and monthly through our pay packets. That's a fact - but no doubt you are about to tell me that I am wrong.....

I read your embittered diatribes with some bemusement. You clearly have passion and energy, but you chose not to make a difference through the most effective vehicle you have at your disposal - BALPA. Tell me, which bit of BALPA-is-only-as-strong-as-its-members didn't you get? Or are you of that generation which trashes anything that doesn't provide them with instant gratification? If you think that ANY union/association is going to be effective without the need for perseverance, sacrifice, and hard graft, you are dwelling in La-La land.

Your calls for the "dissatisfied" to resign membership reminds me of Monty Python's Crack Suicide Squad - spectacularly pointless, and a cringing own-goal.