PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 16th May 2010, 09:49
WeLieInTheShadows

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amicus DID suggest that the hourly rate was the way forward at the start of all this. When they suggested it as part of a possible "way forward", BASSA would not even consider it.

The injunction is a tactic to scare the crew. It may work.

The truth is that the figures were correctly posted for everyone to see at the time. But I guess if I were BA I'd try anything and everything.

Worrying part of all this is that when it IS resolved, there are then going to be 4 fleets, all on different T&C's.

Not ideal.

Granted the legacy fleets will shrink over the years, but LGW has been promised growth (LH anyhow if the MOA can be changed).

Now if LGW was "so great", why didn't they say "new fleet will have LGW fleet T&Cs". Nope, it's going to be all different again. More cost (short term at least). More complexity. Doesn't make sense does it?

LGW agreements, whilst far cheaper and economical than the legacy fleet ones, are still prohibitive in certain areas, far more than what BA has said the the new fleet will be. Also do LGW crew really believe that once BA have a fleet with aircraft with just main crew and one SCCM at LHR, that also operate to an agreement less restrictive than their own, that this model will not come to LGW? It will basically be what we're seeing now in reverse. Goodbye CM (we're already waving a long term goodbye to CSD).

There is more change to come I think. And those who are now being thanked for coming in, and having done their bit for accepting change and cost savings in the past will once more be asked to "give again".

Obviously I really hope I'm wrong. I really do.