PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 16th May 2010, 09:40
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you have a very twisted view as there are plenty of "Joe public" out there who find it hard to swallow that crew get to fly around the world, stay in luxury hotels, eat for free while on duty, get enormously discounted staff travel when they are off duty and then expect everyone to feel sorry for them when they have have to bear their share of the savings the company has to make if it is to remain solvent.

Sorry for the cliche but most people have to scrimp and save all year to do the things that crew seem to take for granted...
With life comes choices. There is nothing to prevent 'most people' applying to work as cabin crew if they envy the lifestyle that much. In reality, it would not suit everyone. I have known crew sobbing in the briefing room because they can't face 10 days away from home, crew that have had to leave because they find they are permanently airsick and we have our own in-house version of the Samaritans because at one stage the suicide rate was higher than the national average. So, do come and join us if you fancy it but, as with all jobs, there are pro's and con's.

The amount you quote is conservative
maybe on long-haul. For Eurofleet crew it is considerably less but I still wouldn't want to swap with WW crew.