PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737NG FMC Question
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2010, 01:13
ballyboley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, its just annoying that when you ask a technical question about buttons it makes you a 100% button pusher There's nothing I love more than hand flying, without map mode or the occasional visual approach. It annoys me greatly that some operators go to great lengths to discourage visual approaches and even then insist you must construct a path in the FMC to avoid being hot and high - I would argue people are hot and high because they never do visual approaches and aren't used to eyeballing things and have become so reliant on using the FMC for all the path guidance!

Anyway... back to the point!
I think the confusion is between supplementary waypoints and temporary waypoints. I've already cleared out the supplementary waypoints database (SUPP NAV DATA) - and understand from the manuals that all the temporary (TEMP NAV) are deleted on landing anyway.
I'm not trying to create a supplementary or new waypoint, I'm just creating a temporary one in the legs page from an existing one as I've explained previously. The issue is when it says "SELECT DESIRED WPT" as soon as I try to select it above the existing centrefix point, and gives me a list of possible options, none of them are anywhere near where I want them to be. Does anyone know where the logic of the order of this page comes from? I always thought it presented nearest first in the same way if you select a VOR in the FMC and there is more than one of them.
I will try and take a few pictures of the problem - as they say it speaks a thousand words. The point is called CI2701 once its inputted on the legs page - this is what the FMC called it, not me obviously.