PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2010, 00:06
Married a Canadian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK would dominate at the expense of candian jobs here in Canada

Is ANYONE going to explain this statement at all on either of the two threads that is running on this topic (MIddle east forum a while back).

Why is one airline going to take away Canadian jobs?

Passengers maybe?...but not jobs.

If you are saying the Emirates flying into Canada on whatever frequency they require is going to put Air Canada under...and THAT is why jobs will be lost...then you are delusional.

I agree with Skylion. Leave the demographics and social aspects out of this debate. They serve no purpose...and don't address the business issue.
EK vs Air Canada or EK vs Canada...whichever way you look at it.

1 How will regular service by EK affect Canadian jobs in an adverse way..ie how will jobs be LOST
2 How " " " " be bad for the Canadian economy
3 How is increased competition bad for Air Canada when the free market is all about competition (and if you want to be all democratic you have to uphold to the free market...who cares if EK dosen't....no one cares about the other countries round the world that have similar problems to the middle east....at least I get that gist from looking at the "Made in ****" tags on my goods bought in this wonderful democracy....and also my motherland)

Answer that in an economic/business sense.

The "Middle east sucks and EK is crooked" line grows fairly tiresome after a while when it dosen't seem to make a tuppence worth of difference in the world of international business.