PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do we feel about the term SLF?
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2010, 21:38
Entaxei

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLF revisited

I am very bemused to find that a post I wrote and got rapped over the knuckles for, is still alive'ish and causing waves. Whilst not wishing to start the whole barrel rolling again, I would like to just pick out the thought that was behind the post and which was not clearly defined within it.

If you downgrade the importance of your market and source of income in your thinking and potentially your operation, it will have an effect on your operation.

Given, in this case, that the union drive is to take over/maintain control and command of the operation in place of the management, the more that can be done to downgrade the management and operation is viewed as being to the benefit of the union.

They have already attacked the pilots to some effect in creating dissent with various elements of CC, witness some of the more vitrolic posts and stylised name calling. To turn the CC against the source of business and cause more dissent by starting to address/discuss the passengers in a derogatary manner could be easily achieved when you start from a baseline of SLF coupled with spin and lies - so this post was meant to highlight those possibilities (not very well!). - it was never intended to be a lecture to CC!! - there are too many of you!!

Just for the record, I am not a CC not do I currently work in the aviation industry, but, I did work for both BOAC and BEA for 15 years (1957 - 1972), including 11 years on the hangars. I have spent the last 38 years in the computer industry, in various roles and have obviously done a reasonable amount of travelling during that time whilst remaining an aviation enthusiast despite the odds!! - and while the term SLF has apparently been around for ever, during the 1950's;1960;s and early 1970's, in BOAC and BEA we used the term passengers - but there goes the neighbourhood!!

Cheers

(p.s. this post is NOT intended to upset anyone - despite rumours)