PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 15th May 2010, 21:30
giza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Allowances - Harsh but true

Have I got this right, CC get a basic wage, on top of that you get a myriad of variable pay, amounting to , on average, the monthly payment that is around 6 to 8 thousand pounds a year, and then on top of this you get down route allowances. I know this is all negotiated so I dont have an issue with it, but you can see as more of this becomes common knowlwdge, the less sympathy you will get.

For comparison, what do I get if I travel overseas, arrange and pay for my own hotel and claim it back later, I bring back any reciept I have for legitimate expenses (meals and transport) and get reimbursed. No profit made.

So do you see how other people view some cc, talking of good trips and bad trips, surely overseas allowances started off years ago the same for you, so that you are not out of pocket in carrying out your job. How over the years did it become such a major part of your income.

By the way, a VCC friend of mine who did a 4 day trip on what he assumed was new fleet rate, ie no vairable payments and fixed daily rate, said he was really pleased how much money went into his account at the end of the month. I think you will find there are plenty of people outside the door that would jump at new fleet.

I hope the strike does not happen, but if it does good luck to all of you who work, I will be backing BA and have signed up to support you as I did last time.