PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Annual Results, EK Bonus, Emirates Profits etc
Old 15th May 2010, 21:30
thefoxandfirkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Management bottom lotion,

I know for a fact you're real EK management, how do I know? That's because having worked for EK for a good while I know that what your peddling is completely consistent with the message which comes out of the HR remuneration machine.

Unfortunatley whilst you believe that EK is consistently recruiting the people it needs and wants, I think you need to look around at your outposts. More and more staff there are joining unions, why because they are sick of being shafted over a barrel (not a firkin one neither).

I read about Dnata buying the Plane Handling division of Go Ahead in the UK before xmas 2009. Those hundreds of ground handling staff at LHR, MAN & LGW are all union represented and will not take terms and conditions changes being brought in through the back door lightly. Mark my word its only a matter of time before this company starts to see serious industrial action taking place. The growth makes it inevitable.

Why are us pilots not allowed basings outside of DXB? Simple, forget all the arguments, its primarily because EK management are s*it scared we'll join unions and disrupt ops.

The tide is turning though, the word is out, EK is not the place is was 10 years ago. I've tried to take a balanced view of things over the years but so much has happened in the last two in terms of T&C changes, there is little loyalty left amongs flight deck crew. I'm sure we'll see this with other staff too.

Like I said in that earlier post, that pathetic 3 week payout was simply the company returning the money staff lost through unpaid leave/extra unpaid hours.

The money bucket is low and the sh*t bucket reaching capacity....