PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funny Things Happen in The Air Force
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2010, 14:02
scarecrow450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Working on a Bird Control Unit did get a bit boring so to liven things up we used to find uses for bird scarer cartridges other than scare birds. At this base, Rutlands finest Tornado base, I fired a scarer into a rabbit hole, not expecting a shower of rabbit droppings to expel themselves out of the hole at a great force of knots straight at me, as the scarer exploded deep inside the hole.

On another accassion I decided to reinact the Dambusters but without a dam or bomb, except that we had noticed the we could bounce the scarers off the runway so the small fishing lake the other side of the wire was going to be my target. So drive up to fence, have quick look around line up the target and bang, perfect ! 3 or 4 bounces before it exploded. Just about to fire no 2 and a voice from infront and below shouts 'OY What the ' Dumb old me did'nt see the fisherman under his green tent and umbrella and his head was about 2 feet from the scarer when first fired ! Cue me driving like hell and hoping he did'nt report me. Guess I must have scared him as I'm still waiting 23 years later !!!!