PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Annual Results, EK Bonus, Emirates Profits etc
Old 15th May 2010, 11:09
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MM,

The problem with your arguments is that you attempt to sidestep the morality issue completely, as conveniently twisting your logic as any good EK manager to suit your purposes. You state that companies operate solely on legalities, but then claim sainthood for your own while attempting to vilify the evil American ones. Well, which is it? Is morality removed or not? Your own arguments lack not only substance but logic.

There ARE no correct channels in the UAE. There is no credible legal system. So there will always be more subversive methods of dissent under such regimes. PPrune is just one of the more entertaining ones - but there are others. The best service PPrune provides is ensuring those with a bit of intelligence will think a bit before swallowing your lies.

I do appreciate your highlighting the whole problem with Emirates' shockingly bad approach to risk management. As usual you are relying on the fact that a negative can't be proven: there's been no smoking hole yet so running crews to limits (which were unilaterally raised by the company) must be fine! It violates the entire concept of trying to keep operations as far away from the edge of the safety envelope as possible - EK seems intent on going the other direction, seeing how far things can go before they break. I guess the only way to find out is wait until that point has been crossed. Crude and tragic, but hey that's quite apropos to Dubai I suppose!

I only hope that you get a chance to experience the fallout of that inevitable day, with a little luck you'll be on board the aircraft. But that's probably too much to hope for.

Just a suggestion...talk of "passing you on the way up" only reveals your arrogance and projects your feelings of inferiority. The UAE will never be even a shadow of what it envies, because what you want to be cannot be bought or stolen. You don't even really understand it and never will.