PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funny Things Happen in The Air Force
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2010, 10:12
November4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CO's Cup Swimming Event, local swimming pool near to a Hercules base 1988.

Everyone not on task on the day finds themselves down for the event. Apparently you got a point "just for turning up and we need as many points as possible" says Flt Lt A*** F********th, the MAMS Ops Officer. So everyone will go and "I don't care if you say you can't swim, I've heard all the excuses..."

So on the morning 35 or so movers assembly and catch the bus to the pool accompanied by one of God's gifts to mankind otherwise known as the PTI. Arrive at the pool - 1 point each in the bag - time to go back. Oh no says God's gift PTI you have to swim.

After the 5th mover being pulled out of the pool by God's gift for swimming as effectively as brick, he starts to realise something is not right here and ask if the assembled movers can swim - No not a stroke says half of them.

So why are you hear at a swimming event says he - ordered to and we did say we couldn't swim but....

Flt Lt F********th took part in the competition. His entry into the water assisted by God's gift and a number of others. I always thought you were meant to swim in trunks not tracksuit and complaining that his watch was ruined....