PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 15th May 2010, 09:30
CantFlyWithoutEngine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Shame on you, BASSA Crew

There are 14000 BA Cabin Crew, 10000 of which are represented by Unite/BASSA According to Unite , there was a 71% turnout for the ballot . Which is 7100 people (71% x 10,000) According to Unite, 81% voted to reject Willie's offer . 81% of 7100 is 5,751. 5,751 crew members is 41% of the crew population of 14000. This means 59% (100% less 41%) of Crew are willing to accept Willie's latest offer and get on with it. I'm sorry but I'll repeat - a 59% majority wanting to accept the offer and move on. Those who rejected the offer should go with the 59% majority and sign up to Willie's offer. During the last strike, when the [alleged] majority were in favour of striking, they were calling on the minority to join in in solidarity, otherwise they were 'Scabin crew'. So what's the name for them , now they're in a minority , refusing to join the majority in solidarity and accept Willie's offer ? "Hypocrites" in my book.

And the fact that our lovely Gatwick crew have to put up with this really riles me.

Anyone who thinks the overwhelming majority of crew want to reject the offer and strike is more bonkers than Tony Woodley, Len Mcluskey and Hartley Hare.