PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737NG FMC Question
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2010, 08:06
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a little confused as to what you are trying to do. Let's assume you cannot work out your energy level without the FMC. You talk of being 'sent' to the 'other side of the field' - I cannot quite see how your carefully created WPT, now in the wrong place, is going to help? How are you creating this WPT? In legs? In which how is it named? Presumably you would, having made it, 'join up the dots'? Why not use the fix page? 'BaseA' and 'BaseB'? IF you are talking about constantly having to reconstruct your route in the FMC - you should be doing other things.

I would seriously suggest you put some effort into working out where you are and where you want to be WITHOUT the Waypoints. Try a 10 mile range ring on the runway or CI as a starter - you can view this as like using a nicotine patch, and you can set it up waaaay before anything gets 'busy'. You can work from there to range and bearing from 'something' to 'fix' yourself on your mental map and soon you will find that 'DR' circuit in your head becomes 'live' again. As Ag Bis posts, constructing ornate patterns that you will probably not fly is a bit of a waste of time.