PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737NG FMC Question
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2010, 00:58
ballyboley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can assure you I'm not an MS pilot! I personally prefer to hand fly using the extended centreline with the scale at 5nm and then just get the heading matched before engaging the A/P. The reason is that it was one of a number of ideas to try and stop people not following the proper noise procedure as they were instinctively going to LNAV to the first waypoint. However as Oakape kindly advised, the fact you can't make the condition of the turn to be 3000ft unless its a pre-programmed SID, then it wouldn't really work - so you can disregard the first bit!

My terminology isn't quite right as regards supp wpts, of course you wouldn't create one for a base leg. What I meant is take runway 27 for example, centrefix is CI27, I make a point of CI27360/4 - when it throws up the list of waypoints (usually the first one being the right one), but they are all miles away scattered across Europe - 33North instead of 51North for example. To get it to work I had to try and think of a more obscure one e.g. CI27350/4.2 or something. I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing something stupid, or there is some way of clearing out all the other possible points it is suggesting?
Again, this isn't something I do every day, nor should it ever replace the 3x tables and a bit of common sense- but sometimes when vectored to the opposite side of an airfield, CDA requirements etc, its nice to have a rough profile in the box, thats all..

Thanks