PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Annual Results, EK Bonus, Emirates Profits etc
Old 14th May 2010, 22:44
ManagementMotion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear the arguments but they lack substance.

Pay has not dropped. Work has gone up.
Is it unreasonable to expect the current hours for the package? If it is, then why are so many still here and more joining. I assume they consider it a fair trade.

Is it unreasonable for a company to maximise productivity? Actually it is their duty.

Vague ideas of reduced safety margins lack statistical evidence.

Concerns on morality are simply opinions. Companies operate on legalities. If there is any breach then take it through correct channels and let them decide.

Efficiency gets better and better. The annual results show that too. Economics of scale and fine tuning of remuneration far outweigh any inefficiencies that the pilots may observe or "fallout" from morale damage

The wicked local lining his pockets is another slanted argument. Many companies from these so called ethical bastions of the western world are flocking to the UAE to get a slice of the action. Cheap labour. Are they all badly run with imbeciles as managers? Are they setting the ethical tone?

Finally the debt argument. Of course! That is the proof I missed. Thank you for putting it in bold red. Of course we must ignore the fact that the Euro is collapsing under debt levels that make the UAE's look like pocket change. Likewise with the USA. (By the way what is BP currently doing to the Gulf of Mexico? Did they build a Palm?) These countries have no sovereign wealth reserves to help. We will pass you on our way up...

Stop wishing the world was the way you would like it to be and see it as it is. Stop grumbling about morals, responsibilities and corporate behaviour. Emirates is a saint compared to many American companies that thrive on the killing, maiming or poisoning of millions.

Besides I assume your own ethical dilemas dont extend beyond the moaning. After all you are all still here flying the logo.

Fly safe.