PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2010, 22:34
Mmmayday38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airclues

I can say that I have not sought legal advice as regard action against BA. However, it is also my understanding that any action (if any were to be taken) should have been lodged within 2 years of an incident. This time frame has passed.

Bronx

I took Voluntary Redundancy which was 52 weeks basic pay. I received no other payment or even payment in kind. BA have not been "any more generous" to me than they were to the other 77 pilots who took VR in Aug 09.

I have nothing to hide, in fact I believe that the worst photos that could have appeared from
an incident that happened down route, or to avoid embarassing/hurting an innocent third party or third parties, or even a mixture of both reasons"
already appeared in a red top tabloid within days of the accident. I am sure if there had been other skeletons in the closet they would have already appeared. What can be worse than a chocolate covered pilot being licked clean by hosties/licorice games/and articles describing sx fests in a Sunday national newspaper?

I have taken great pains to ensure that our book was written correctly, accurately and factually, so therefore our book is the WHOLE truth - sometimes hard and uncomfortable to believe, but was necessary to attempt to prevent any other pilot having to go through the same.

I am aware the airline industry is a small world, unfortunately for me 17 Jan 2008 made it even smaller. After having applied to numerous recruiting airlines for both 777 (9 currently recruiting non-rated pilots that I am aware of) and also aircraft a lot smaller (eg Biz Jets), my current tally of those who have refused to interview me is now 19.

Obviously some of these airlines have refused to interview me based on the fact I am not type rated to their aircraft and there are plenty of pilots who are, there have been some refusals based on the airline not wanting a pilot to have been involved in a crash. I have been told by various people in various size airlines that the "high profile nature and media interest in the BA38" has gone against me.

Last edited by Mmmayday38; 15th May 2010 at 07:56.