PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Attendants - General Q & A
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2010, 22:24
irishmanc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
20+ years retail - Career change to Cabin Crew (39)

Hello from Manchester, UK - an out Irish gay male living alone with no partner or children with a valid Republic of Ireland Passport, 39 years old, living and working in Manchester since 2002, I have been in retail for over 20+ years (my parents choice, not mine, as my parents were totally opposed to my doing other than retail and made me leave school early to get my first retail job without promotion in that first company) - I would trust that given your experience in the aviation sector that you would be able to help me in my attempts to change career, as although I had initally thought of becoming a pilot, I was told by most flight training schools that I would be considered too old by most airlines to become a pilot, so becoming Cabin Crew would be an alternative at my age - apart from Manchester, I would ideally like to be based either at Manchester or elsewhere in the UK or Ireland, with positioning flights to my base airport (if not Manchester) - I wonder about some of these training courses for cabin crew I have seen advertised online (most of my educational qualifications are in Ireland and its an aspect of the UK system I dont understand) but wonder if these cabin crew training courses are any good...? I thought the airlines train thier crews from scratch anyway, without reference to these courses as a requirement...? I am currently awaiting a reply from Aer Lingus to be based at either Dublin or London Gatwick, but I dont have an up to date list of any of the airlines currently flying to/from Manchester/other UK airports that are currently recruiting...? some of the sites I have seen have either out of date vacancies, require you to register onto thier cabin crew training course or have a requirement to register with thier recruitment agency without being airline specific...which airlines should I avoid...? Thank you in advance for any help - Michael xxx