PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2010, 18:47
MPN11

Received 137 Likes on 64 Posts
Another part of the same message from "The Other Thread"

If the union has failed to comply, all the strike action that resulted from that ballot would be unlawful and their members would only have limited protection while taking part in strike action. The union would also be liable to BA for some of the financial losses that we have suffered as a result of the strikes.
All previous emphasis not copied ... draw your own conclusions. Anyone who doubted that WW had thought all this through, including the various paths that the dispute could take, really should sit up and take notice.

That paragraph implies, at least to me, that the "P-45 Printer" has names and staff numbers primed for output. BA has proved it can operate [in a slightly limited way] without 3-4k strikers. It can operate in a similar way without 3-4k unemployed ex-BA CC, while it recruits and trains replacements, and slowly restores full service across the airline.

If i were a BA striker, I would be VERY afraid. But then I wouldn't probably read PPRuNe, or other websites, or any communications from BA management.