PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Leather Flying Jacket
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2010, 17:38
Lima Juliet

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts
Wearing of Brevets on combats, leather jackets for all, new pullovers, tailored trousers. This is the stuff of a 21st Century fighting force alright. Let's scrap some more front line rubbish so that we can keep the dressing up box nice and full.
Wyler

The brevets are already on issue for combats - so they cost nothing (maybe the tailor for sewing on for those that can be bothered). Leather jackets at personal expense and not from public monies. The new pullovers are a renewed contract not another contract - so the costs are the same. Tailored trousers? The only thing I saw about tailoring was adjusting the contract to give the blue shirts a more tailored fit - ie. so the shirt isn't all baggy around the waist. The only spend is the name badge that, in my opinion, is well overdue. The other is the "issue" stable-belt that will come out of PR12 money - assuming there's 35-40,000 of us left then that's about £350k (peanuts in the grand scheme of things, and I'd rather see all those senseless AP3000s not in print to pay for them).

So where's the mahoosive spending that's going to scrap all the front-line equipment?

In my opinion, these are great, cheap wins. The only one I disagree with is the return of the ghastly V-neck, but hey, you can't expect to like it all.

LJ