PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Employee Censorship
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2010, 16:13
Biggles78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Buai Bob
I am sorry if my lack of technical savy cause any offence, however it would seem to me that the obvious solution to this problem would be to ensure that you are not identifiable to the company when you are the process of slagging them off - simple!!
Problem is that unless you post using a proxy then your IP can be traced back to you. There is that company in SYD that scours the Net for comments made by potential employees applying for a job. If they are found to have commented about their previous employer what is to stop them doing the same when they fall out with their potential new one.

If QANTAS (or any other company) paid me 24/7 then I would be obligated to follow their rules but they don't. Now what people have to learn is what gets posted online stays online and NEVER disappears. Just 10 seconds on Facebook and then you decide to delete your comment/image etc is 11 seconds too long online. Even email can come back to bite you on the bum. As has been stated on several TV programs lately, if you can't say it to a person's face then do NOT post it online.

For the record, I would like to say I hold every single person on the Internet in the highest possible esteem.