PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does being white and middleclass an advantage in Corporate aviation?
Old 14th May 2010, 13:59
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My other point is hiring shouldn't be based on who you know to get the job, that's prejudiced in itself
ParisJet

I presume by the fact that you are from Africa and your posting above that you are dark skinned rather that light skinned?

You will find regardless of skin colour that especially in corporate aviation networking is very important and getting your face known and liked is important regardless of what tone it is

I noted on your profile and previous postings that you hold a CPL and not an ATPL and I guess only an FAA licence?
Is that correct?

regardless it is very hard out there at present on the flying job market and you may find you are competing against overqualified pilots for certain positions.

Only you can answer that!

Parisjet just read your above posting which was posted at the same time as mine. I was talking about people who live in Europe of different coloured skin.

Africa! my heart goes out for you as it would be almost impossible to finance yourself into aviation, I have PMd you if any good PM me back!

Good luck

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 14th May 2010 at 14:46.