PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does being white and middleclass an advantage in Corporate aviation?
Old 14th May 2010, 13:58
parisjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pace: If a lot of people thought like you, we wouldn't be here, but what I was stating is from what I've seen and what my colleague told me with regards to the company she works for. Obviously it won't be the case everywhere.

If the quotas system began here I think there'd be uproar. I don't agree with it, but it was enforced in America for these reasons. Companies should be proactively encouraging ethnic minorities to this industry. A lot of black people in this country are in a financial bracket which prohibits them from entering this vocation. I know this for a fact as I've talked at schools where a lot of kids from ethnic minorities want to fly, and are academically capable of achieving this but lack the funds to do so, where as most middle class white kids, have the financial capability or should I say parents to support them all the way through. This is partly the reason for there being such a class/race divide when it comes to aviation and more so in corporate aviation.