PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russian special forces in dawn raid on oil tanker pirates
Old 14th May 2010, 10:39
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why does it not happen that ships open fire with 20-40mm stuff, first as warning shots then for real ?! Low depression angle on the guns ?

You should employ more yachties out there, we'd relatively easily identify a suspect...

Deploying a helo' is obviously dodgy within RPG range, but it seems only a positive 'no-pirates here' strategy including all the cluster bombs left will make a point.

There is the other side of me which says ' give them a means of income now that fishing has gone ' but that's down to diplomats etc, who seem to do bugger all for large pay, after all my g/f is a widow of one and daughter of another, and from what I hear there's never been a more useless bunch on this planet !

Meantime I'm all for the gatling guns ( & crews ) on everything & Q-ships - I did suggest the Container ship A La Atlantic Conveyor with Harriers lurking behind, sadly these would have to be American AV-8B's, as the UK 25mm gun failed before my sight on preliminary trials.

Yes, I'd be happy to take part if I could be useful !

Last edited by Double Zero; 14th May 2010 at 10:49.