PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does being white and middleclass an advantage in Corporate aviation?
Old 14th May 2010, 10:33
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ParisJet.

I came into flying from car racing many moons ago. I can remember then (and nothing much has changed since) how rare a black race driver was.

At those levels of racing it was not particulary a rich mans sport as most of us relied on sponsorship or fund raising to keep going so I never felt it was a wealth Issue between different colours. The majority were mostly ordinary working people who raced especially in formula ford.

In the same sense there appear to be few black pilots (and I expect that is who you are referring to) although there are many other "coloured" pilots who are not white or black.

I like multi cultural societies and would equally love to see more pilots from every ethnic background. Why there appear to be so few who knows but I for one would be horrified if your suggestions were true??? I do not believe that anyone is held out because of the colour of their skin. It would be an offence especially in Europe if that was proved to be true.

The only reason I responded is that I had noted that imbalance too in motor racing and flying but dont for one minute think its due to descrimination.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 14th May 2010 at 13:40.