PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aichi Seiran painted to look U.S.?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2010, 06:24
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If a Japanese or any other sub' could have lauched something like a B-17 I'd be impressed !

As it was, the aircraft were 'spotters' - albeit with the odd suicide fighter at the end of the war - with virtually no offensive effect, in fact quite the opposite as they alerted their enemy.

Opinions & stories vary as to whether the attack on Pearl Harbour was a 'sneak' but it was surely - American attitude aside eg. The Simpsons " I havent been this relaxed since I was on watch duty at Pearl Harbour " the only way the Japanese were to get anywhere, and even then they were on distinctly limited time.

I have always thought I'd love to see the look on Hitlers' face when he received the call, " Great Adolph, now we've taken on America ! "

I still find it curious that the Carriers happened to be at sea, even more so that this 'honourable race' displayed such savagery to POW's and yet keen on subterfuge, and I ( born long after WWII ) try to avoid Japanese or German products if I can, but don't take it to extremes as they're virtually impossible to avoid.

You won't find me driving a car with a Japanese or German badge, albeit the unavoidable electronics & kit etc will probably be from those.

Last edited by Double Zero; 14th May 2010 at 07:03.