PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft too low in SEQ??
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2010, 05:03
Artificial Horizon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh come on, the fact that Full Reverse isn't used does not equate to a poor safety standard. Working for one of the majors in Europe, the use of full reverse was completely frowned upon unless totally necessary. I would say that the blanket use of full reverse on every landing is actually poor airmanship due to the lack of consideration for noise, wear and tear etc... Just because a couple of 'skygods' stuffed an approach and ended up on a golf course is no excuse really to now enforce full reverse on 'safety' grounds. Also in many years of flying I could almost count on one hand the number of times I have had to complete a TOGA departure due perf or environmental reasons. Just because the aussies do it one way doesn't make all other ways unsafe. No doubt it looks like the crew 'coc*ed' up here but probably more down to the fact they are totally unfamiliar with flying NPA's when at most of thier other airports they probably go from ILS to ILS...... of course it could be something as simple as an incorrect QNH... only time will tell.