PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why only few pilots join Vietnam now?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2010, 04:26
firegrass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probeusmc is a liar.
The Ex-Jet Airways pilot is a First Officer with Air New Zealand.
The other 3 pilots were with Air India for up to 2 years. They had Command Ratings on the B777 trained by Air New Zealand. They were employed by Air India through Rishworth as First Officers. It took 8 months to be checked to line at AI due to a lack of organisation in their training department. This was latter improved. Once checked to line they mainly flew ULH DEL-NYC, BOM-NYC.
This was interspersed with LON, PAR, & FRA. It's true that initially they rarely got to take off or land. But this improved as they gained respect from the Indian Captains and a shortage of FO's became critical. Near the end most of these pilots were operating 2 crew to LON and FRA.
The rumours and stories that have gone around VNA are unbelievable.
The fact that most of them are spread by expats is despicable.
That anyone would believe such dishonorable and dishonest characters beggars belief. But then again I guess that's why they are there....

Shame on You Probeusmc. I never thought that you would stoop to such low levels as to repeat scurrilous rumours. I guess the CODE is only amongst fellow Marines......

A large majority of the Vietnamese Captains are extremely competent and professional. Particularly a number of TRE's. Unfortunately this is spoiled by characters such as our Kiwi friend ran into and the B777 Chief Pilot who are abusive and dangerous in a cockpit. It might also help if they understood some english so that small misunderstandings didn't escalate into outright yelling and abuse in the cockpit.....
But at least the Vietnamese stab you from the front.....