PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Preliminary report on Cathay Pacific aircraft accident released
Old 14th May 2010, 02:26
IGSdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look NoseGear, I've read Glueball, potteroomore and Molokai posts, and nowhere do they say the pilots were mistaken or call them silly names or whatever. They were simply speculating on what might be done in that siutation. That is not condemning the pilots. Ok, with 20/20 hindsight people may of course say different things, but I don't see why you should get so worked up over it.

Why do I get the feeling that you CX pilots are so arrogantly perfect and wonderful that we cannot even speculate as to what actions to take? We are not denouncing the pilots. We are not asking for their names. We respect their professionalism and privacy. We are not even saying we could have done better if we were in their shoes. We know they did a good job under tremendously stressful circumstances. We are just investigating the possiblities. But no, CX pilots are so great that we are not even allowed to investigate the possibilties.

And Ping pong and HKAforever, ever heard of "fuel contamination"?