PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sahel Aviation in Mali
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2010, 00:13
billteasdale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With all due respect, you are sadly mistaken! A low time copilot does not equal an unsafe operation. I was one of the captains there for 15 months, and have significant Africa experience, as well as 1800+ hours of 1900 time, and another 1000 hours of King Air family time. Total 7600. I am very slightly higher in average time to the other captains. The first officer seat, in a single pilot capable aircraft, is a training seat, and all of the F/O's that I flew with, were sharp, skilled pilots.

I would never fly an aircraft that is unsafe. Your post intimates that we do that on a regular basis... not true!

Don't believe the scuttle butt that you hear from a few disgruntled people... while there have been rough patches, any perceived problems with the company stem from personality differences, NOT safety problems!

It's not the best company in the world, nor the worst! But it ranks among the safest in the region, much to the contrary to your impression! Why do you think that the mines keep contracting SAS?

By the way, we have NEVER flown into 900m strips. Our minimum strip length is 1300m.