PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2010, 20:53
jinglied

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
..and I'll go with "Nolimit"...

He probably is on the edge, but he's obviously lived (and is living) here. This place is nothing like the adverts.

Dubai, and EK, run the most amazingly successful marketing campaign I have ever seen. But a tourist coming through here doesn't see the 20 to a room workers/maids (yes 20 to a room). There are charity groups here that visit them from time to time for support. Those charity groups will not have a single Emerati I can gaurantee you that. Joe the Canadian probably hasn't viewed the video of the Sheiks brother torturing that poor guy a while back. (and by the way...a verdict has been reached on that case...the sheiks brother got off scott-free as he's a member of the Royal Family, and everyone else involved was convicted, even though he was obviously the ring leader)

I'm sure you're asking "what the hell has EK got to do with what's happening in the rest of the city?" EK and Dubai live and breath off each other. EK is an extension of this city. EK fired the Captain and F/O last year of the Melbourne accident and fired the Training Captain and F/O of another flight, Manchester, a short while later.

The Melbourne crew was out of this country within two weeks after the accident. They were threatened with jail time for destroying "Government of UAE Property". Or if they actually "resigned", then the company, and the UAE authorities would let them go. They had NO CHOICE. BLACKMAILED. Why else would they resign? Why else would they also sign a letter in confidence NOT TO DISCUSS THE MATTER? FEAR...that's why.

The Manchester crew... On short final were given clearance to land on the parallel runway, accepted it, then went around on short final. During the G/A the Training Captain realized he was turning the wrong way and advised ATC. No problem, uneventful return and landing. Captain decides to write ASR, and this Fuc.king Company fires both of them based on the ASR!!! On a training flight!!

..AND.. At this very moment there is an F/O who has been grounded for about two months now because he embarressed a very senior TRE who blatantly, willfully broke a hard company SOP. And as such, the F/O wrote an ASR on it!! Obviously a mistake on his part. Can you see a trend here?

These stories are the tip of the iceberg in this place.

Emirates admittedly sells a pretty, sweet smelling product. But, having lived here for six years (and it looks like I might soon be getting out) I have zero respect and will support this place no longer.

I agree... No to Emirates in Canada..

Jinglie'd

Last edited by jinglied; 13th May 2010 at 21:25.