PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russian special forces in dawn raid on oil tanker pirates
Old 13th May 2010, 20:13
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A-B,

The book - which I have no reason not to believe as it gives huge, if not too much detail into names etc - relates that the drug 'kat' or 'Khat' is extremely popular, and the only 'culture' that exists in Somalia is to get as many weapons as one can then flit to whoever's winning at that moment.

These bastards can hardly bother to put two bricks together, as long as they've got an Ak-47 and / or RPG.

Now, ironically the warlords have money to put into civil developments - but as far as I can make out these are showpieces, and keeping the pleb's stupid enough to hijack tankers is good business for the odd one with more than 1 grey cell.

They have the sense to use Intel from apparently sufficient sources, and sat-phones in small boats ( as a yachtie, if that's true how do they keep locked to signal when a punter in a Gin Palace off Portsmouth can't apart from domes etc ? - I hope one realises that's not me, strictly sail & GPS receiver etc ).

It is obvious these bastards' will have uncomfortable attention which they've brought upon themselves, but no-one gets that desperate they have to murder to survive if they have any morals; let them have it, in the name of Darwin !