PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afriqiyah Airbus 330 Crash
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2010, 17:31
heli - mate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the confusion earlier re the winglet - 5AONF, as stated correctly, has been flying without the port winglet for some time, not ONG. When I first read these threads yesterday I did not know the reg and just accepted what the earlier comment had stated. With the shift patterns of the Airfield Ops team, over several days each new shift thought it was a new occurrence, hence the frequent runway inspection looking for a bit that was still in TIP. Our schedule is for 5 times weekly visits by the A330, and 2 days for the A320. But this IS subject to change at shortish notice as traffic loads dictate. Normal routing is for LGW-TIP-JNB (Mon/Fri)but yesterday the flight was already planned for A320 due to low load expected outbound. The airline is an IATA member and fully compliant. The aircraft is subject to frequent full CAA/SRG and DfT inspections on arrival at LGW. There have been no reportable items from these parties, only things that could be instantly remedied by the operating crew at the time. The A330 takes no fuel at LGW but round-trips from TIP where it is virtually free. Why have an aircraft with 11 hrs-ish duration for seven hours total flying, plus reserves/div fuel; this still leaves payload to spare as the config is only J30/M200. Oh, and I did supervise the loading when as newly-registered aircraft it was still manual loadsheets, and not on the computer system. And Libya is nowhere near the Mahgreb.