PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Leather Flying Jacket
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2010, 16:46
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seen the letter, the appropriate jacket may be worn by all SNCOs or above and is available from Leathercraft or Pop's at Incirlik, but I don't recall any details of the model, just that it's an extortionate £300-£310 from Leathercraft depending on size, and quoted as $360 from Pop's.

I note we're also going back to the disastrous (IMHO) smooth v-neck version of the pullover, which may be worn with or without tie. Bizarrly, that means one or 2 people round here will accidentally be coming back into fashion soon!

Thicker shirts with re-modelled collars (slightly bigger I hope), and a better shape.

Also, the latest trousers are to be in a different material and re-designed, especially for the ladies.

The kicker is that existing stocks of the routine stuff will have to be used-up before the new stuff is issued, except for officers who have to pay so can get the new stuff as soon as it's available.

There is no news on the rumour that those serving beyond 55 are to be issued with RAF cardigans, or that the new name badges will have little star symbols to show what we can do (part of the resettlement plans to ease our transition into the jobs market).

STH