PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afriqiyah Airbus 330 Crash
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2010, 15:28
V1... Ooops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by A330first-officer
...Airbus sent to all types operators an urgent advisory regarding the STALL RECOVERY PROCEDURE...
No, that would have nothing to do with this accident at all. That advisory from Airbus (just like the identical advisories that every other aircraft manufacturer in the world has been requested to put out this year) is a consequence of the findings in the accident report for the Dash 8 that crashed in Buffalo, New York - the crew did not recognize a stall, and they pulled rather than pushed.

One of the recommendations in the NTSB report was that aircraft manufacturers restate procedures for Abnormal Airspeed (Stall) Recovery.

Originally Posted by A330first-officer
...I have a copy of the message and it's been sent worldwide few hours after the incident. Of course it's related to this incident!...
No, I suspect it is just co-incidence. I work for an aircraft manufacturer, I just finished writing up a similar advisory for an aircraft that we hold the type certificate for. Trust me, it has to do with complying with the findings of that Colgan accident report.