PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captain's Authority Questions
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2010, 10:43
no more nite flights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Captain Authority

Hi All

Been flying for 34years and retired from main line flying 3 years ago. However to support my passion for fast cars and faster women went back flying in the lo-co sector. How sad to see how the Captain's authority has been eroded to no more than a bus driver. Young trolls and F/O's with attitude all comprise the new "team" culture where all crew members are "equal" status with no differential between the poor Captain and the most junior trolley dolly . Whilst the Captain has the ultimate responsibility for the aircraft he is not empowered with the authority that should go with it. If you dare criticise a crew member (privately) you risk the wrath of a cabin crew trainer reminding you of the company "culture"....I wish she was on the flight deck on a dark and dirty night on a Cat 3B approach and handing control over to her...I think she would very quickly get the message..We are 100% professional pilots at the top of the intelligent 5% of the population and not the percived "bus driver" as promoted by the company culture to c/crew...Lo-Co has ruined the profession of the pilot community forever as we are exploited as temporary hired hands by bean counters,management and c/crews from the MCD schools of excellence. I would be interested to hear comments from others on this topic.

From an old F...t, with 21,00hrs jet time!