PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 13th May 2010, 07:18
christmaslights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Willie's Forum

Caribbean Boy thanks for your summary. I missed the beginning of the forum but I though the questions were excellent.
It is interesting that, although many people on this forum continue pointing out to the possibility of redundancies, Willie himself has not given CR as an option, but he did suggest we might start recruiting for CC externally. Unite's threat of another ballot is just pushing the situation further and accelerating the rate of events.
If BA starts recruiting crew externally how is Unite going to negotiate a better deal for crew? once the weapon of mass disrupting our schedule has been what is there left for the Union?
This is all very saddening, but in a way it feels like it is unavoidable now. The only thing I hope is that a new BA is born, with people respecting each other and their contribution to the business, not only in empty words, but by pulling all together, making sacrifices where there is a need to and sharing the rewards afterwards.