PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2010, 22:19
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rusland 17
I challenge any pro-expansion contributor on this forum to state, honestly, that they would be in favour of expansion if it were their village that were going to be destroyed or blighted.
Assuming the answer to that is either none or very few: What does it prove other than to confirm the well-known and irrefutable fact that most human beings are susceptible to NIMBY mentality?

Only because there isn't an airport on your doorstep. I'm sure you'd feel differently if you lived in Sipson.
I wouldn't live in Sipson (nor anywhere else where there was a busy airport on my doorstep) if I was bothered about aircraft movements.
People who choose to live in Sipson choose to live not just near but virtually on one of the busiest international airports in the world:

I have some sympathy for the older residents but are we to assume that those who've moved to Sipson in the past few decades decades didn't notice the airport when deciding to live there? Or that, when deciding to live there, they didn't take into account the probability of increased traffic at an already very busy airport?

I live under the flight path in West London, and have done so (in three different places) for 32 years. I have no sympathy for those of my neighbours who choose to live under the flight path and then whinge about it.

FL

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; 12th May 2010 at 22:41.