PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2010, 17:33
turbine100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got the BA WW email.

Travelled BA all the time for business most weeks until last 2 years where I mixed with other operators from time to time due to cost.

Last 12 years service seems worse, aircraft IFE poor and plane tickets often expensive when comparing to others. So I have had to change to other airlines when BA's fares have been a lot higher.

Next week and the following switching airlines from BA as I have to be with my customers. I doubt this strike helps the cabin crew cause or passenger relations. I have to travel and my business like others will be lost.

In one of the new papers some months ago, Cabin Crew or perhaps the unions were comparing themselve's to other professions such as lawyers profession.

It takes a few weeks to complete the courses and cannot be compared to training for flight deck and going through years of hard work between jobs etc with large debts or a lawyer.

It will get to a point that WW will have to do redundancies / layoffs, leading to remployment and perhaps worse terms if that were legal.

I dont understand all the issues but I cannot imagine BA being cost effective when in general airlines like EZY or Ryan are low cost operations or long haul operators pay less and try to offer more attractive staff travel.

Sadly its a dynamic environment and things have changed with T&C's. e.g. Pilots paying to fly or for type ratings as one other example.

Last edited by turbine100; 12th May 2010 at 17:48.