PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2010, 13:49
konstantin

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Captain Midnight

Thank you (on behalf of all/most here!?) for the detail and effort, the AIP stuff re gliders etc I`d seen before but the fine print of the CAOs re exemptions should be good background info for all. Can`t do anything about the adhoc SPA but as you say TRAs do come in handy otherwise.
A slightly different local option, AS C-over-D is reclassified to G when the gliding areas are active, a few ways to skin a cat for advance notice ops.

Rotorblades and Peuce

Arising from your remarks rather than responding to them, the proposed E-over-D in the NW (non-radar of course) is exactly why so many people feel there should be compulsory radio for all in non-radar E. The only way a VFR will know they should self-announce is if they hear the TWR or IFR talking to each other...which leads me to...

Jabawocky

I have been out of the "hands on" loop for just over a year now, a link or directions if possible please, sounds like it should make interesting reading? Is the drug-taking session you alluded to anything related to the matter at hand and the NW of Oz by the way?