PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flightsafety? Career Pilot? Parisair?
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2010, 12:51
sunny441

Flight Schools

Hi there:

There are a lot of schools that cater to international students and many that issue M-1 visas. The M-1 visas are typically valid for 1 year and that is how long the ratings you seek, take to obtain. However, if you do not finish your course you can always extend your stay (as long as SEVIS and the flight school are ok with it).

With the current economy - most schools are seeing their business slow down. As far as picking a flight school - that is completely up to you. I would personally stay away from the big academy type places. I would talk to as many schools as possible and see who is the best. Usually smaller schools offer good 1-to-1 interaction with your instructor and also more time. As, I always say to people, watch out for hidden fees and "safety pilot" time, also some schools charge extra for the flight briefing and other things.

Cost of living again depends wether your flight school provides housing and how many people you have to share with. It is hard to put an exact $ amount on your monthly expenses!!

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact if you need anymore help!

Cheers
Sunny