PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR to Ukraine
Thread: VFR to Ukraine
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2010, 11:30
SP-THC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi:

1. I assume your wife speaks Russian/Ukrainian - helps a lot
2. Try to call Odessa airport and agree fees etc, ask them how to get VFR overfly permit from Ukrainian CA - if you speak Russian I think they will be very helpful. My friends did not use intermediary for cost reasons - they told would be a good idea to have someone at the airport who will help you for small monies
3. Romania - for VFR you also need CA approval - I flew to Cluj Napoca and it was easy to get via e-mail in English: [email protected] (you will get a permit number you need to put in 18 in flight plan)
4. Maps - i think they still do not have VFR maps for both Romania and Ukraine, you normally use IFR routes and reporting points for VFR flight (I use Jeppesen charts), I would advise to get an approach charts for Odessa and Romanian apt - just in case (probably not a must) - at the approach controller may give you instructions to proceed to IFR points so it helps to know where they are

anyway - good luck and please write me how it was after your return,

Greg

ps. there is no AVgass in Bari, there usually is in Foggia, in case of questions e-mail me at [email protected]