PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Airways Expatriate Cadet Pilot Programme 2010/2011?
Old 12th May 2010, 11:15
FlyingRubber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dose of reality noted (and always will be at the back of my head)

I definitely understand where you're coming from. From the multitudes of complaints, moans, groans, b@@ching coming out of the sandpit (UAE, AUH and EY in particular), I am more than aware of the pitfalls of working there.

But you see, I am not a type-rated qualified intrepid flying man who can pick and choose which airline to fly for. I am but a mere expired PPL holder who can't even afford to be current. Granted, Etihad is far from perfect, but is there any airline at all that's ideal as a whole? (Last I heard, Varsity Express isn't hiring anymore)

Of all the options available, this is the holy grail for the likes of myself. I can't afford P2F. And other than CX, no other airline offers an international cadet pilot programme open to anyone from Bolivia to Mozambique.

I am aware that I sound like a starry-eyed, green-eared, dumb wannabe when I declared that, but that's how I feel now. It puzzles me why current A320 drivers in the airline moan about their crazy schedules - they're being paid to do what many PAY to do after all right? However, in time, the fatigue will get to me, if I ever get in that situation. Till then, I'd just be grateful be selected.

I'm sure many will understand my opinion. And I certainly do respect yours.