PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2010, 03:07
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, in general, RPT jokeys believe they have a priority over bugsmashers.
Peuce,
But it is not a legal right. I am all in favor of co-operative arrangements, but what I hear, all too often, is what amounts to verbal abuse over the radio, when the RPT's idea of what any other aircraft in the area (which might be quite a large aircraft, it's not confined to light aircraft) decline to "accept orders" from the RPT, or the "larger" aircraft.

Bloggs,

The incidents I allude to were not "warries", they were all incidents that were subject to some form of subsequent action. Sadly, I could add many more. Been to Olympic Dam recently?

As to your comments about radio procedures, most of the problems of recent years, and some of the confusion in many minds, has come about almost entirely from the recalcitrant and change averse of just one small group of domestic pilots, who want to cling onto the past, and can't get their minds around the fact that the magic word "mandatory" does not, in fact, increase compliance.

Who prefer "do it yourself ATC", rather than proper alerted see and avoid.

Would you be one of these, by any chance??

As to my views on the use of radio communication, I invited you to read some of my public submissions on the subject, but you obviously prefer to treat your rather off-beam assumptions as an established fact.

Do you even understand what the slogan "free in G" actually meant?? By the sound of it, and the GE reference, it would seem the answer is no.

Tootle pip!!