PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Leather Flying Jacket
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2010, 21:16
Lima Juliet

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts
Now here's a question. With the new RAF policy on wearing blues, and the inability to wear the RAF Approved Jacket when flying, the opportunity to wear this item of clothing is less than ever. Do you think we should be afforded the option to wear the RAF Approved Jacket with No2s? It is certainly smarter than the nasty cloth General Purpose Jacket (GPJ)!!!

A further option; with the jacket pictured above there is a jacket that the non-brevet wearing personnel could also wear - if they wanted to?

Anyone else got thoughts on this?

Why do I ask - I hate the GPJ, the issue rain-mac really does make me look like an RAC man (the nasty reflective strip doesn't help!) and the Greatcoat is too camp now that John Barryman wears one!

The B Word
Anyone else see the note from AMP today?

1. Leather Jackets to be worn by SNCOs up (at personal expense) with No 2 HD.
2. Brevets (operationally optional - like the AAC) on CS95/DCC.
3. Updated name badges for No 2 HD with Brevets for aircrew and RAF Logo for others.
4. New style stable-belt on issue to all from 2012.
5. Decent wet weather outerwear and fatigues for those working on aircraft.
6. Possible scrapping of officers' uniform tax relief and free issue to all (possibly excluding No1 and No 5).

Thank you Sir, for trying to stop me looking like an RAC man or train conductor! Also for seeing parity of dress in JHC/PJHQ between RAF and AAC aircrew dressed in CS95. Finally, for looking after the freezing linies' needs.

However, if you believe Bast0n, maybe you should have issued a "brown hat" - which apparently there is nothing wrong with these days (shame on you Mr Bast0n!).

LJ