PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Finningley AAITC
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2010, 16:11
Zero feet, decending

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AAITC

This thread has brought back some memories!
I joined the AAITC from 6 weeks at Swinderby and still very wet behind the ears. I cant recall the course number (79 maybe?) but it was just after Easter, '78.
Flight Commander was F/l Br*****n from the Vulcan fleet. An archetypical RAF officer, right town to the 'tash.
F/L Evans was also in residence. Top bloke.
F/S Hoath was also there. His missis worked in the Junior ranks. he later went to that FJ base up the A1 as SWO.

Most of our pain was from Macr Devitt and there was a MALM who did the CS training and had an incredible dry humour and dead-pan delivery.

For me, it was 6 weeks that changed me completely and I've never forgotten the lessons. It pushed me to places I'd never been before and rarely since!

For me it was hard work. As for the teccie stuff after, I was just happy to be there! (I was a siggie)

I recall the initiation into the No.2 mess, the formal do's and sneaking my (now) wife into the houses that we'd been allocated having been evicted from the H blocks!

I scraped that course by the skin of my teeth but crashed out from EGDG in 1980. I stayed with the company doing teccie stuff with wiggly amps, 1's and 0's.
Hard work, but was proud to have been part of it.